Applied Leadership Masterclass
The Ultimate Leadership Programme for Healthcare Professionals
Aimed at Consultants (or those nearing completion of training), Senior GPs, Managers, Matrons & other senior staff wanting to develop exceptional leadership ability for a wider variety of contexts
The Applied Leadership Masterclass is for individuals who are determined to take their leadership ability to new heights with the intention of leading and catalysing the very highest levels of service or organisational success and change. Built on the principle that true leadership excellence is a journey of learning, discovery, self-insight and doing, it provides a tailored programme with all the backup you'll need along the way.
Going forward, we have made the decision to concentrate on our ever growing In House/Bespoke course delivery, rather than open courses. With ever greater financial pressures on Trusts, this allows us to deliver a lower per person cost, with no travel for delegates as an added bonus.
We are able to come into your trust and deliver highly cost-effective, first class training service to groups of typically between 8 – 20 delegates (larger numbers can be accommodated on request). For 8 or more delegates, the in-house rate saves both Trust and individuals money, not to mention the time-saving from not having to travel.
Most of our courses can be tailored to suit specific groups e.g. consultants, SAS doctors, allied healthcare professionals etc, or structured for mixed groups. We are also finding that 2 or 3 local trusts may join forces to put on a training course, allowing more attendees and thus lowering the cost per person still further.
The comprehensive nature of the programme requires some preparation before you attend the 2-day programme itself.
Leadership Fundamentals E-learning
- 5 Guided Learning Hours
- Vital baseline preparation
- Thorough grounding in transformational leadership
- 3 Guided Learning Hours
- Expert lectures that set the scene and context for leadership today
- Raises the critical leadership and people issues facing us all
Understanding People E-learning
- 3 Guided Learning Hours
- Creates a depth of insight into behaviour
- Fundamental to leadership influencing
Leadership Effectiveness Evaluation
- Designed to focus the mind
- Encourages vital self-awareness
- Helps target ongoing development
Behavioural Drivers Questionnaire
- Provides insight into your own behaviour
- Develops self-awareness of impact on others
- Helps avoid leadership traps
Review of Leadership Scenario Case
- Prepares you for a very practical course
- Allows the course to focus on practical application
- Creates experiential learning in safe surroundings
ATTENDED COURSE PROGRAMME (2 days, 12 CPD points)
The attended programme is designed around application of learned leadership principles into some extremely challenging contexts, just the sort of issues facing leaders today. The 2-day programme utilises a case study approach to apply transformational leadership principles, providing an experientially rich analysis of very real scenarios.
Actual Programme Elements
- The context of leadership today - setting the scene
- Strategic leadership of services and organisations
- The leader as catalyst
- Transformational leadership
- The WILL, SKILL, CAPACITY, AUTHORITY model
- 6 Core Components of Effective Leadership (an application model)
- Inspiring trust & confidence
- Clarifying purpose and direction
- Aligning systems & processes
- Knowing the people
- Releasing potential
- Influencing, communicating and engaging
- Understanding each component in depth
- Practical application of each component
- Applying the principles to change and culture
- Overcoming inertia and paralysis
- Leading through consensus
- Creating distributed leadership & responsibility
- Leadership in challenging circumstances
The programme focuses on practical application of knowledge, skills, insight & principles across a series of typical care scenarios.
- ~ - 30th, Jun 2030
- Standard Price: £0.00
This takes you to the Medmeetings course page for this course, from which you can see the latest availability & best available pricing, as well as book onto the course.